PTC Creo has been on the cutting edge of computer-aided design for more than 30 years - Now you can soon add PTC Creo 8.0 to the story of 3D CAD and product development.
Creo has delivered the most scalable range of 3D CAD product development packages and tools in today’s market. Its variety of specific features, capabilities, and tools give engineers the power to imagine, design, and create their products better, smarter and faster.
Recent updates to Creo have included breakthrough capabilities in additive manufacturing, generative design, IoT, model-based definition (MBD), and augmented reality (AR). Now with PTC Creo 8.0 those enhancements and new features continue with a range of updates and additions to area's such as user functionality, control and security -
Rendering & Transparency Control:
- GPU processing in Render Studio now supports Keyshot 9.3 rendering engine for Render Studio. Users will be able to leverage GPU processing which will provide improved quality and performance needed for greater realism with real-time rendering.
- Denoise’ is available via ribbon when in GPU mode which speeds up the rendering workflow.
- PTC Hardware Check Utility updated to check hardware for Creo Render Studio to support GPU mode
- Improved quality and performance of rendering in Creo
- Improved the Transparency Control interface and access through the in-graphics toolbars
Updated Chromium Browser version used by Creo:
- Creo has updated the Chromium browser used in Creo for the embedded browser to version 85
- Updates to security and alignment to PTC Windchill’s browser support matrix
- Ongoing updates to Chromium browser and update to Creo’s support rolled out accordingly, allowing greater choice of default browser Internet Explorer, or Chromium depending on user requirements
Updated support for Java 11
- Updated maintenance and support of latest version of Java to address potential security vulnerabilities in older versions
- Aligned Java support with Windchill 12.0
Improved model-based definition (MBD) and manufacturing tools
- Revised symbol definitions,
- Updated GD&T Advisor to increase supports the creation of assemblies and dimensions
- New collector section for free-standing annotations.
- New sketching tools for the creation of drawings.
For more information, to update your training or to request a demonstration - Contact us here!