Enables Vizualisations to the Enterprise
PTC’s PVZ enterprise visualization format is content-rich, compact and accurate. When under PLM control, PVZ data is also automatically published it is access-controlled and configuration managed.
Though PVZ is targeted primarily at PTC products and processes, you can also use this data in other environments such as:
- Virtual reality and other custom environments (e.g. Unity applications)
- Third-party modelling applications (e.g. 3DS Max, Maya, etc.)
You can expand the automation pipeline with your PVZ data providing you with full support of your own in-house applications and processes.
Finity TransFBX : Expanding the 3D product data landscape
Finity TransFBX enables you to extract more value from your enterprise visualization data, by providing high-performance conversion between PVZ formats and FBX formats.
By translating to FBX you can re-purpose your existing PVZ 3D assets for use in many other tools. This includes many that do not accept PVZ as an input format without the need to convert.
Finity TransFBX is a member of the Finity family of Automated Content Transformation (ACT) tools. Data conversions can be automated, thus removing the need for expensive manual operations or re-modelling. When used in conjunction with Finity Vada, you can simultaneously and automatically generate augmented reality experiences and FBX data for the broadest possible enterprise 3D data usage.
Finity TransFBX is developed with the respective APIs from PTC and Autodesk for robust operation
- Product structure and hierarchy (from PVS)
- Geometry (from OL)
- Product meta-data (from PVS)
- Texture mapped parts
- Sequences and animations (from PVI)
- Direct conversion from PVZ reduces time, storage and errors by removing the need for intermediate formats such as STEP
- Robust conversion through use of vendors’ (PTC and Autodesk) SDKs
- Increases the value of your existing enterprise 3D assets
- Efficiently produces high resolution images
- Fully conversant with PTC Vuforia Engine