PTC Windchill – (Product Lifecycle Management, PLM) for all companies
With growing global competition and increased legal requirements, particularly in the areas of environmental and quality assurance, small and medium-sized companies must monitor more closely their processes and risks. PLM is a platform that meets these requirements. Small and medium-sized companies have a golden opportunity not to fall into the challenges as the early adopters who have had to introduce this type of solution.
What is PLM?
PLM is a system designed to manage all product-related information over its lifecycle. The system is part centric and all information is linked to the article (the saleable item). Structures are built based on these articles that represents the complete saleable product which manages all the information created in the lifecycle. Change process is of course also a very central component of PLM.
Why invest in PLM?
We can see that companies invest in PLM because:
- Production via contract or in another location/country makes greater demands on correct documentation
- Authorities demand that processes are followed and documented to reduce the number of new products and components.
- Reduce the number of new products and components.
- Purchasing departments want to streamline processes and reduce prices.
- Reducing errors by controlling information and connection to ERP.
Why is it the time right for small and medium-sized companies to implement PLM?
PLM has changed during the years developing from large complex systems that more or less have to be customized for each customer to be well-packaged and easy to administer whilst also being cost-effective to implement. Large companies have invested heavily to understand how PLM is to be used, something all companies benefit from. Today small or mid-size customers get what they need from a number of standard processes, to which we propose efficient methods. Buzzwords like “Agile Development” and “Lean” are now standard.
How do PDSVision meet these requirements?
PDSVision has over the years completed over 200 implementations of PLM and together they have generated:
- Effective methods and processes.
- Development of simplified interface for occasional users
- Reporting and analysis tools for management.
- Customizations and proprietary software that streamlines and quality assures processes.
- Support processes that take greater responsibility and facilitates the work.
- Well-packaged deliverables.